Don’t Forget to Link Your Pan Card to Your Aadhaar Card Before 31St March. 31st March is the last deadline to link your Aadhaar and Pan cards. It was assumed by some people that this deadline would be extended as was done previously, but on 30th, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared that 31st would be the last deadline. He even declared a penalty of 1000 Rupees in case anybody failed to link the Pan and Aadhaar cards before the deadline.
According to the Income Tax department, if anybody failed to link the Aadhaar and Pan cards before the deadline, the Pan card will become inoperative. In addition to this, the Income Tax Department has declared that the inoperative card holders would have to face consequences under the Income Tax Act. So better hurry and link your Pan Card with your Aadhaar Card with these simple and easy steps!
These Are the Following Steps to Link Your Pan Card with Your Aadhar Card:
- Firstly, open the Income Tax Department’s e-portal (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/)
- Then find the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option on the left or directly go to https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
- Add your Pan and Aadhaar Card Number as required
- After that, click ‘Agree’ on the checkbox in order to validate the Aadhaar Card details with UIDAI
- Finally, a captcha code will appear which you will have to fill in correctly
- Lastly, click on the button with ‘Link Aadhaar’ mentioned over it.
By following these easy steps, you will easily be able to link your pan Card with your Aadhaar Card and avoid any future penalties!