ZIP is a format that allows you to compress the data and help you to save server storage space. Also, you will need less time to download the file when you convert it into a ZIP file. The ZIP software supports multiple file formats like ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, tar and more. The list given below contains the names of ZIP file softwares that you can use for your purposes.
Best 10 Software to Zip & Unzip Files & Folders
With WinRAR you can create RAR and ZIP archives. It gives you the accessibility to use more than 50 languages. Using this software is simple. It automatically selects the compression method that is suitable for your file. You can also add comments to your files that you have archives.
WinZIP ZIP converter is used for compressing and decompressing your files. The creator of the file can compress large files to send as attachments to the email. Thus it makes the file easily downloadable to the reader.
7-ZIP is one of the popular open-source file converters. It has strong AES-256 encryption techniques for the purpose of better security. It can work as a self-extractor for 7z file format. The software is mostly suitable for commercial sectors.
If you need a free ZIP file creator, then BandiZIP is the best one for MS windows. The file formats that it supports are, ZIP, 7z, RAR, and RAR5. You can extract a number of files using it and it will also help the creator to open the extracted folders easily.
If you need free software to unzip any ZIP file or create any ZIP compatible files, then you can use jZip. It has an advanced compression ration and a fast compression engine. With this software, you can extract data from RAR and ISO files.
PowerAchiever can be a convenient way to archive files for PC. The software is compatible with various disk image formats as well as with 7z, TAR, and ZIP files. This will be suitable for encryption and decryption too.
The software is better in terms of security purposes. It has features like two-factor authentication and encrypted password manager. It is very easy to use and supports over 150 file types.
This is a file archiver that will be beneficial for Microsoft users. You can easily create, compress, and send files using ZipGenius. For encryption it uses the CZIP encryption system. Using this software browsing DVD/CD and ISO images will be very easy.
B1 Free Archiver
You can enjoy a free download of the files with B1 Free Archiver software. The software is very easy to use and it can compress 20 plus archive formats. You can operate it through Windows, Linux, Mac and Android as well.
This one is another free file archiver that you can use in your MS Windows. You can use it if you need to open the basic archive formats like ZIP, RARA, GZIP, GZ and so on. You can convert CD images using this software and also it is compatible with the drag and drop interface.
How can you convert a folder into a zip file?
To convert any file into a zip file, the first thing that you will need to do is to download the software on your PC or computer. After you have done so, you have to follow these steps given below.
- First you have to select the file or folder that you want to convert and when the file is highlighted, you have to right click on it.
- After you right click, you will get an option called ‘send selected files to’. You have to click on that option and you will get a sub-option related to the software that you have chosen to install.
- You have to click on that option and you will get multiple options that you may like to select while converting the file. For example, here you can select the zip size, change the title, select the conversion format and also encrypt it with password.
- After selecting your preferred options now you have to click on ‘send new zip file’. You will get this at the right bottom side of the page.
- Now you will have to select the folder where you want to keep the zip file. Select the folder, and your zip file will be stored there.
How to open a zip file?
- To open the zip file you need to locate the file and right click on it.
- After you right click, you will get the option, ‘Extract all’.
- After selecting the ‘Extract all’ option you will get a new pop-up menu. From the pop-up menu, you have to select a location where you want to extract the files.
- Once you select the destination, click on the ‘Ok’ and you will be able to get the zip file.
So, this was a list of the zip file converters and we also provided how you can use them. If you follow the steps, you will find no issue opening or creating any zip file anymore.